SUBSCRIBE VIA E-MAIL
Deanie Michelle is a source
for inspiration that covers everything from family, fashion and fete. Subscribe to get posts
straight to your inbox.
I am so happy to finally share the style guide magazine feature that I designed and styled for the most current issue of Brides of North Texas. I shared the magazine layout above, and below are some of my favorite additional photos from the shoot.
Today I am excited to share a sneak peek of my most recent editorial feature in Brides of North Texas magazine! The spring/summer issue is just now hitting news stands, and I’m thrilled to have another Style Guide in the newest issue. Much of the inspiration behind this editorial comes from the colors and textures of the spring season…my very favorite season. I wanted to incorporate bridal accessories and jewelry into the feature, which had not yet been done in a Style Guide editorial for the magazine.
I can’t wait to show you the feature and all of the details (stay tuned)!
Happy New Year!! I hope you all had a fantastic New Year’s Eve, and are enjoying some R&R today on New Year’s Day! I always love the fresh start of a new year. 2013 was a great year overall, and I am excited to see what 2014 has in store. Since I started this blog at the very end of the year, I thought it would be fun to recap some the year’s best moments.
1. We celebrated Charlie’s first birthday with a super fun safari themed birthday party. Watching Charlie grow throughout the year was so much fun, brought us so much joy and of course his first birthday was a big milestone for us.
2. Lots of fab weddings and events. I had the pleasure of working with some amazing clients and creative partners this year. All of the weddings that I planned and designed in 2013 were for full and partial planning clients, as I decided to no longer offer day-of coordination clients in 2013. It was a tough decision but ultimately was the right one for my family and my business. And I thoroughly loved working with the clients that trusted me with their big day and special events this past year. I also worked with several clients on residential parties, and thoroughly enjoyed planning and designing for dinner parties and holidays this past year.
3. Traveling to my hometown of Minneapolis to spend time with family. Including very successfully surprising my mom and sisters with a visit in June. There is nothing better than spending time by the open lakes and lush parkways of my home town and taking in time spent with family.
4. My mom overcame her second battle with breast cancer. She is by far the strongest woman I know!
5. Many, many, MANY firsts with Charlie; first nights to finally sleep through the night, first Valentine’s Day, first hair cut, first birthday, first steps, lots of first words/phrases, first time at the zoo, first time to the pumpkin patch, first swim lessons, lots of meals out and much more! I love this little dude with all of my heart and I love our adventures!
6. I enjoyed a night away with my wonderful hubby to celebrate my birthday. Thank you Grammi and Zaide for babysitting Charlie 🙂
7. Really got back into running. I bought a jogging stroller in early 2013 and seriously could not have lived without it! It is so nice to run outside and to be able to just take Charlie along with me. I also ran in my first Turkey Trot / first 8 mile race which was a huge accomplishment. My sister Abbie ran it with me, and I’m so proud of us for doing it!
8. I also tried Pure Barre for the first time and loved it…I’m hooked.
9. Hosted friends at our home for several fun occasions and get togethers in 2013!!
10. Started this blog. Which was a goal of mine for 2013. And I can’t wait to share more with you in the new year.