Outfit details: Rebecca Taylor dress (also here) | Brian Atwood heels (old, similar here, here and here) | Michele watch (similar here) | Louis Vuitton bag | Chanel lipstick in #93/”Intime” with YSL lipgloss in #55/”Rose El Dorado”
Happy Friday! Woohoo!! And happy first day of fall! I am excited that the weekend is here. This week was super busy and felt like it dragged on a bit. My sister is coming in town tomorrow and we are soooo excited for Auntie Abbie to be here! There is nothing better than sister time, am I right!?
Today is all about ways to wear white this fall. Even though Labor Day has come and gone and fall is officially here, and darker colors and heavy knits are all around us, it does not mean that we need to pack up those whites until spring. I’m all about transitioning summer pieces into fall. I got this dress over the summer for Sam’s blessing/baby naming in July. And I adore it so much that I plan to continue wearing it this season.
Almost every fashion “it” girl knows that wearing white after Labor Day is actually chic and totally doable. So I thought that I would share seven ways to wear white after Labor Day, so that you too will know some ways to incorporate your favorite white pieces into your fall wardrobe.
HERE ARE 7 WAYS TO WEAR WHITE AFTER LABOR DAY:
1. Pair your white with a current fall trend. Such as this years hot velvet trend, like I did in the outfit above.
2. Wear your white with a favorite fall color that is rich in jewel tones (think burgundy, navy, marigold and olive).
3. Accessorize your whites with your favorite fall accessories, like I did above with the Louis Vuitton clutch.
4. Layer your whites. You can wear your white piece under your favorite jacket, coat or cardigan. Adding in textures to bring fall fashion into the mix.
5. Wear white for all things bridal and pregnancy. Engagement/maternity/newborn photos, showers, wedding week, your baby’s birth, etc… I did this when I got married and had my babies. There is something so special and pure about being a bride and a new Mom. It is the perfect time and reason to wear those whites!
6. Choose white pieces that are in heavier weight fabrics. Forgo the super flow-y white chiffon in favor of white knit.
7. Opt for winter white, off white or cream. Incorporating a neutral that you are comfortable with is the key to pulling off a successful white look this season.
Overall stay true to what your own unique style is, regardless of the season.
I hope you have a wonderful, and restful, weekend!
Photos by Allen Tsai